Forgive me, dear readers, for I have sinned. I told you guys I’d be sharing pictures of our new house, oh, approximately forever ago. Meanwhile these photos have been languishing on my hard drive, pleading with me voicelessly each time I skim past their way. “Share us. Shaaaaaare us!!”
Never fear photos, your day has come. But first: some news. Lately, there’s been a little (okay, a lot) less posting, but a heap of cool stuff going on behind the scenes.
- I finished my Project Gallery,which is rather rockin’ if I do say so myself. Read the dazzling and heart-wrenching story of its creation here.
- I now have an email subscription bar right at the end of each post. If you’re on a mobile device and can’t see it, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of your screen and click “view web version.” Thank you to computer ninjas everywhere (and one in particular in Rockhampton) who make dumb people like me look really awesome. (Have you signed up yet? Picture me cheering you on with pom poms. Do it! Do it! Your information is kept private and you can unsubscribe with one click at any time if you want to break up with me. We can still be friends… right?)
- There’s a big, very time-consuming and very secretive project in the works. Would love to tell you all about it, but actually it’s more fun to keep it a secret and keep dropping vague and incredibly annoying hints. But don’t worry, all will be revealed soon*! (*Soon: 1. An expression perfected by parents of small children as a defuse-and-delay tactic 2. Somewhat longer than you would like it to be, but not as long as you think it will be. Relatively speaking.)
You can read the big announcement right here! And while you’re over there, stay and take a look around at Jessi’s gorgeous blog – it’s just packed with home-making projects, gardening, craft, recipes, decorating and more. You will love it!
With all that excitement out of the way, let’s take a look at where we’re currently at with our living area. Last you saw, we were looking a lot like the image on the left. (Which, incidentally, has been a big hit on Pinterest. Weird much? Can’t pick ’em!)
Ahhh, furniture. You give us something to sit on, somewhere to eat off, and a house that looks a lot less like a deserted bingo hall.
Some new cushions have of course been added in honour of the new abode. (Because I have a cushion obsession. Turns out there’s a few things I’m addicted to.) The black and white pillow is from PillowTalk; the yellow and grey Ikat and the Banksia print are from Freedom Furniture. (Note to self: I need to de-cushion that couch a bit. It’s becoming too apparent that I have a problem.)
The wall colour is Dulux “Timeless Grey.” Yellow table runner from Anthropologie.
So, my to-do list for this in-progress space:
- DIY some curtains for the sliding doors (I have plans, I tell you… plans. And no, said plans do not involve sewing. Don’t be ridiculous.)
- DIY an artwork for the empty niche above the TV. I’m thinking an abstract herringbone design.
- Install a gallery wall above the buffet.
- Finish making over the coffee table I started on about six months ago, before we moved. (Disclaimer: This may or may not ever actually eventuate. Power tools are involved. I’m slightly terrified. Also, we don’t own any tools. That complicates matters.)
- Paint the pantry door to make a giant chalkboard menu! (Super excited about this one.)
- Find a clock, DIY a print and fill those empty wall spaces in the kitchen.
In short, I’d better get busy. So much to do, so little time! But we’re on our way – and I’m completely thrilled with how my grey and yellow colour scheme has turned out in here. It’s every bit what I was hoping for as I envisioned this space.
Anyone else have an addiction they’d like to own up to? C’mon, peeps. Make a gal feel better.
What would you choose to take with you on a desert island?
P.S. Like this post? Subscribe below! There’s more where that came from.