Today, I’m launching my book… the book I’ve been planning and dreaming about and writing for nearly a year.
Yes, I’m a slow writer.
Lots of words have gone into the making of this book. So it’s kind of strange that tonight, as I sit here in front of my computer trying to dream up the perfect post to share it with you for the very first time…. I can’t find the words.
I could tell you how excited I am to have completed a project so large. That would be true. Between pioneering a blog, writing a book, parenting three littlies, moving house (soon to be twice in less than a year), dealing with trips away for medical appointments for our daughter, and just plain doing life…. let’s just say “downtime” hasn’t figured too large on my list of priorities this year.
I could tell you that it always seems impossible until it’s done. That I’m thrilled to see this little dream of mine come to pass, and nervous about what people will think of it, and as vulnerable as if I’d taken my beating heart out of my body and handed it to you all quivering and bloody on my outstretched palm.
All of those things would be true, but none of them seem exactly right.
So instead, I’m going to tell you a story.
Once, there was a girl.
She didn’t believe she was beautiful. In fact, she spent many lunchtimes cowering in a toilet cubicle, trying not to let anyone hear her cry. She was hiding from the world, because the world had taught her that she was not good enough. The world ridiculed her for things about herself that she couldn’t change. Taunted her. Laughed at her. Made her feel unworthy… rejected… less-than.
And so she shrank away from people, and turned her eyes toward the ground, and as the years went by and the girl grew into a woman, she never forgot the hard lesson she had learned as a child, which was this: you are not good enough, and people won’t like you the way you are.
It’s hard to bandage wounds that are soul-deep, because how do you reach them?
How can you ever take the ugly things, the hurtful things, and turn them into something beautiful?
That girl was me, and this book is my story…
…but it’s also your story.
It’s a story about finding beauty in unlikely places; a story about celebrating home.
It’s a story about journeying to the beautiful life – a journey that has taken me out of the insecurity of my past, through rocky early motherhood, into a new understanding of what beauty really is, and what it is not.
It’s a book that asks the question – what does a beautiful life really look like? For a woman, a wife, a mother, and a home-maker?
What does a beautiful life look like for you?
I hope you’ll find this book inspiring and empowering. It’s also very practical. My aim is to give you a vision for your life and home, as well as the tools to get there.
Here’s what you can expect to find inside:
· How to break free of the comparison trap
· The GAP in your life when you become a mother – and what you can do about it
· How to create the positive home environment you’ve always wanted
· The single best preventative discipline strategy you will ever use: how to stop behaviour problems before they start!
· How to experience measurable success in your role as a mother
· My secret to creating enough time to meet your kids’ needs… AND your own!
· How to plan your day with preschool-age kids
· A proven method for getting your kids to go to bed without fuss and stay in bed until 7am – every day!
· The two barriers between you and a beautiful home (Hint: money isn’t one of them!)
· The hottest decorating trend that costs the least amount of money
· One secret of top designers that will help you decorate your home with style and character… even on a tight budget
· The two beliefs that will change your home environment forever
· Inspiration to create a home you love
· The secret to absolute contentment – right here and now!
So, what will this book cost you?
So, what will this book cost you?
That’s right. It’s my desire to offer it to you for free. So please, spread the word, tell your friends, shout it from the rooftops.
When you sign up to receive your free copy of this book, you’ll also be joining the A house full of sunshine community. Because finding your most beautiful life is not just a one-book proposition. It’s a journey.
Each post that I write on this blog aims to inspire you in that journey – whether I’m sharing a DIY project, a decorated room, a kids’ activity, a recipe, or my thoughts on parenting and life. When you join with other women in community, creativity has room to flourish. We inspire and empower each other on the way.
Will you join me on the journey to a beautiful life? The story is not over yet… it’s just beginning. If you want to be a part of it and get your FREE 100+ page e-book, just type your email address below.