I have such a treat for you today, my lovelies. My sweet friend Elise from Polka Dotted Blue Jay has been a long time reader at A house full of sunshine, and this year you’ll be seeing more of her around here as she will be contributing some of her utterly adorable recipes and DIYs on a monthly basis. We are so lucky!!
I hope you make her feel welcome, and make sure you pop over to her beautiful blog for more crafty inspiration.
Today she’s sharing a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, and I am in love!! All the heart eyes for this deliciousness. Over to Elise to show you how it’s done…
Hello friends! I am Elise and I’m here to share this festive Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Bark with you today. I blog over at Polka Dotted Blue Jay where I share DIY crafts, parties, and sweet treats. If it is covered in glitter or sprinkles, then I am all over it.
With the arrival of my first child, I am even more passionate about my crafts and treats not being too time-consuming while still looking pretty and tasting delicious. Karen is a rock star to do all she does with FOUR little ones under her feet.
I wanted to make a yummy Valentine’s Day treat and knew that I could make some love-inspired chocolate bark that would be perfect and also something quick.
As a little girl, I loved being in the kitchen with my mom and having her teach me how to bake cakes and other sweet desserts. If you have little ones who are interested in helping you in the kitchen, this is a great activity to do together as long as an adult is monitoring the hot and melted chocolate. Since the chocolate doesn’t have to be “perfect”, you can really let your little chef be creative when swirling the colors and adding sprinkles or candies.
I really wanted my Valentine’s Day white chocolate bark to be traditional Valentine’s Day colors of white, red, and pink, but you could make this bark to match any colors you would like. I am kind of partial to the trend of teal and pink for Valentine’s Day.
- 2 bags Wiltons Melting Chocolate – Bright White
- ½ bag Wiltons Melting Chocolate - Red
- ¼ bag Wiltons Melting Chocolate – Pink
- Red and pink sprinkles
- Red, pink and white M&Ms
- Melting chocolate can be melted by pouring the chips into a microwavable safe bowl or piping bags. I put my chips in a piping bag and then inside a microwavable mason jar and then cut the tip of the bag once the chocolate has melted.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the Bright White chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stirring the bowl or massaging the piping bag at the end of the 30 seconds. Repeat until smooth.
- Pour the white melting chocolate onto the lined baking pan and spread with a rubber spatula.
- Melt the red and pink chocolate and drizzle on top of the white layer.
- Drag a toothpick through the layers to create a marble pattern (I did 10 rows in alternating directions).
- Add sprinkles, M&Ms, or your choice of toppings.
- Allow the chocolate to completely set before cutting. I slide my baking pan into the fridge and let it harden overnight.
- Press into the bark with a sharp knife. The bark will break into pieces.
- Stack your bark on a plate or fill a pretty bowl to serve.
- This bark also makes a great Valentine’s Day treat if you put two pieces in a clear bag and tie it closed with some festive ribbon.
Remember it doesn’t matter if you “mess up” the chocolate and have a blob like I did with the pink chocolate. When you swirl the colors and then break it into pieces, it will still look great!
I hope you will try this easy Valentine’s Day recipe; be sure to tag me with #PDBJaySweetTooth on social media so I can see your beautiful creations. I can’t wait to see what colors and candies you will use.