Hi friends! Elise here from Polka Dotted Blue Jay. With the calendar and school year coming to an end, I always make sure to have a fun DIY teacher’s gift ready to go and thought this year I would make a DIY teacher’s diary with an inspiring teacher quote and some beautiful rose gold adhesive vinyl.
I love using my Silhouette Cameo to cut out vinyl but you could easily recreate this craft with a pre-made rose gold sticker or even a paint pen and some beautiful handwriting.
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Diary or Notebook
Design or Sticker (I used Design #195211 from the Silhouette Design Store)
How to make your DIY Teacher’s Diary:
- Measure your diary to determine the size of your quote.
- Download your quote or create your own. I like this teacher quote I found in the Silhouette Design store and it really is true; the influence of a good teacher can never be erased.
- Resize your design to fit the space on your diary. *I straightened the pencil on my design to be more horizontal.
- Cut out a piece of adhesive vinyl to slightly larger than your design and place it color side up on your cutting mat.
- Load your cutting mat into your cutting machine.
- Send your design to cut and be sure to select the correct type of vinyl and adjust your blade accordingly.
- One your design has been cut out, unload your cutting mat from the machine and carefully remove the vinyl from the cutting mat.
- Pull up from one corner to start removing the excess vinyl from the design – this is called “weeding”. Be sure to remove the center of the letters and space between words.
- Place a piece of transfer tape that is the same size as your design on top of the vinyl sticky-side down.
- Rub the transfer tape to make sure your designs sticks to it and then peel up the transfer tape taking the design with it.
- Place your design onto the cover of your diary and rub to transfer the design.
- Peel back the transfer tape and leave your design on the diary cover.
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE teachers and what they do every day in the lives of little ones. I know I love showering our preschool teachers with appreciation and I fully intend to shower all of Jedidiah’s teachers with gifts as he goes through school.
If you make a DIY Teacher’s Diary with Rose Gold Adhesive Vinyl, Karen and I would love to see it. Be sure to tag us on social media so we can send you all the heart eyes!
Very pretty – nice way to personalise a gift!
Karen this looks great! Thanks for the inspiration and the information on how to use the cutting machine. I’ve never used one before but love the idea of it.
Also – rose gold is my favourite colour!
Karen Schravemade says
ME TOO!! I would like rose gold EVERYTHING! Elise did such a lovely job of this. I would be pretty happy if Santa brought me a cutting machine for Christmas – hopefully he’s listening 😉
Thanks for the great idea!!! One to add to my list for next year ?.
Karen Schravemade says
So glad you enjoyed this project, Margie! xo